Sky is a British satellite broadcast service provider. Chowmain has developed an IP based driver that provides control over UK based Sky set top boxes. This IP driver eliminates the need to attach infra red emitters to the set top box and is compatible with the Sky+ HD, Sky Q and Sky Q mini boxes. On top of IP control the driver also provides automatic channel media list updates for Control4. This ensures that the channel listing on Control4's user interface is always upto date with the latest channels for that particular region. As an alternative we have also provided the Chowmain Sky Channels driver which provides HD artwork and now playing data for every channel! This makes channel surfing with Control4 that much easier.
- Works with
- Sky+ HD
- Sky Q
- Sky Q Silver
- Sky Q Mini
- 3-10 times faster than IR control
- No more IR buds
- Automatic Channel list update
- Always have upto date channels on your Control4 navigator. Never be effected by channel number changes or when Sky adds or removes a channel again.
- Select your region and have all the Sky channels automatically import periodically for your area.
- Select your period
- Can also manually update via programming action (tie it to a custom button or experience button).
- Want something better than the Control4 channels driver? Chowmain RF_Sky cloud alternative provides
- High resolution artwork
- Grid view & list view options
- Now playing information for all channels
- Updated channel data every 5 minutes
- No importing into Control4 means its FASTER
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- No more IR buds means no more IR bleeding and accidentally bud knocks.
- Speed up control over your customer's sky set top box.
- Your customer's sky media list will always be upto date with all the channels for their particular region.
- The Chowmain RF_SKY cloud will provide HD artwork and also updated meta data for what is currently playing on each channel thus making channel surfing even easier with Control4.
What hardware will this work on?
This will work on any Control4 controller running OS 2.6 or later and with the following sky boxes.
- Sky+ HD
- Sky Q
- Sky Q Silver
- Sky Q Mini
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20171204 – 04-DEC-2017
- Made further improvements to detection of firmware version. This will resolve issues where the driver thinks it should revert back to the older communications on packet loss.
Version #20171202 – 02-DEC-2017
- Updated to resolve communications issues introduced in Sky Q firmware Q060.000.28.00L
Version #20170921 – 21-SEP-2017
- Fixed issue caused by driverCentral tonumbering code for Sky Channels.
Version #20170901 – 01-SEP-2017
- Made improvements to Connection Status Event capability.
Version #20170731 – 31-JUL-2017
- Added Connection Status event, variable and property. The driver will attempt to connect every minute and if it fails 5 times in a row will fire the offline event. Once it re-establishes the connection it will fire the online event.
Version #20170710 - 10-JUL-2017
- Migrated to driverCentral.
- Updated Sky Channels driver to use Sky's own image resizing rather than Googles. Faster and higher quality images now.
Version #20170518 - 18-MAY-2017
- Added previous button mappings.
Version #20170517 - 17-MAY-2017
- Added ability to programmatically select channels in composer
- Fixed issue effecting flash based navigators
Version #20170509 - 09-MAY-2017
- Added User High Res Images option. This is used to speed up image downloading for navigator first run and also resolve crashes on devices like iPad due to exceeding cache limitations.
Version #20170501 - 01-MAY-2017
- Added Chowmain Sky Channels driver.
- Added Sky Button as option for button mapping.
Version #20170320 - 20-MAR-2017
- Fixed issue where driver would send on command in matrixed systems for SkyHD+
Version #20170316 - 16-MAR-2017
- Fixed press and hold commands (up, down, left, right, page up, page down)
Version #20170315 - 15-MAR-2017
- Fixed issue with guide button on Sky+ HD boxes
Version #20170314 - 14-MAR-2017
- Intial Version Released