Control4 supplies the wireless outlet switch that makes any household plug-in device, like lamps, appliances and electronics part of the Control4 system by turning a standard outlet into a smart outlet. Unfortunately this device is not available to the majority of the world as it only supports 120VAC voltage for US plug type devices.
Introducing the Belkin WeMo Switch. It has US/UK/AU-NZ plug types and is extremely affordable. This WiFi based power outlet supports up to 10amps and can be easily integrated into the Control4 home automation system using the Chowmain Belkin WeMo driver.
The Insight switch can be utilised for energy monitoring and management using our driver and Control4. It can also be useful for device health monitoring and also for automatic selection of manually controlled AV devices like Playstation 4’s, Xbox One’s and Wii U’s.
- Auto discovery of IP address and port by entering in the serial number of the WeMo
- Auto update of IP address and port upon change
- Abilty to connect driver to outlet light or relay device drivers which in turn allows you to view the correct icon on navigator interface or even eliminate standby power on AV based devices.
- Ability to connect driver to keypad buttons (with LED feedback) to allow for quick on/off/toggle programming
- On/Off feedback from the device.
- Insight energy usage feedback to properties page and variables.
- Ability to use energy monitoring in insight switches for automatic selection and room off of Playstation, Xbox One, Wii U and other manually controlled devices
This driver utilises 3rd party text to speech web services. If there is a loss of internet service or if the 3rd party text to speech service cancels its services this driver will cease to function. Chowmain cannot guarantee that these services will run indefinately however Chowmain will attempt to source additional web services to add to the driver. Set this driver to auto-update to ensure that any service API changes do not effect the driver.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- In Australia we do not have access to the Control4 outlet switch. As such we cannot easily integrate floor lamps, bedside table lights, fans, electric heaters, towel rails, etc easily. This driver fills in the gap to integrate these devices into the Control4 system.
- This driver allows connection to the Control4 outlet light driver and any relay based binding. As such you can get the correct icon on your navigator and also bind it to your AV device to minimise standby power.
- This driver can also detect power usage statistics from the WeMo insight switch. This can be useful for programming energy management based actions.
- This driver allows connection to any Control4 keypad for ease of use programming.
- On WeMo Insight Switches you can turn on your Xbox One, Playstation 4 or Wii U using their controller and have Control4 automatically turn on the system to the right inputs. Turn off the console using the console's controller or power button and have Control4 automatically turn the room off.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work with the Belkin WeMo Switch (Model Number F7C027), the Belkin WeMo Insight Switch (Model Number F7C029) and the Belkin WeMo Mini Smart Plug (Model Number F7C063). It may work with other WeMo hardware however it has not been tested.
Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compromised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
· Migrated to driverCentral.
Version #20170406 - 06-APR-2017
Fixed issue caused by repeated creation of timers
Version #20161108 - 08-NOV-2016
Added AV device selection for UIButton proxy devices. This is useful for selecting no control drivers. eg Chowmain's No Control Video Game Pack work well with this.
Version #20160318 - 18-MAR-2016
Added AV device selection options for Insight switches. Useful for devices such as Playstation 4's, Xbox One's, Wii U's where control is not possible currently. Detection of power (or lack of) will turn on or off the device/room. See installation guide for details on how to use this feature.
Version #20151023 - 23-OCT-2015
Made improvements to licencing algorithm. Should resolve issues on OS 2.8 systems with intermittent internet connections.
Fixed issue with 2.8 systems and IOS navigator effecting light state on ios app launch.
Version #20150914 - 14-SEP-2015
Added support for trigger relay functionality.
Changed mW value to W values.
Version #20150911 - 11-SEP-2015
Added support for WeMo insight switches. Energy usage available via variables and properties page.
Version #20150910 - 10-SEP-2015
Updated SSDP code to resolve issue introduced in WeMo firmware - WeMo_WM_2.00.9399.PVT-OWRT-SNS
Version #20150818 - 18-AUG-2015
Implemented Dealer Demo Licencing
Version #20150428 - 28-APR-2015
Resolved stability issues.
Version #20150407 - 07-APR-2015
Resolved issue where logs on 2.6 systems would fill out controller storage causing system stability issues. This only effects systems where people have set the debug logs to 'print and log' or 'log' and have forgotten about it over longer periods of time.
Version #20141117- 17-NOV-2014
Converted from C4I to C4Z file type
Version #20140621- 21-JUN-2014
Implemented UPnP subscriptions. Now has instantaneous feedback if using Belkin WeMo app for ios or android.
Version #20140616 - 16-JUN-2014
If the WeMo IP changes the driver will now search for the unit and send the command at the same time.
Version #20140331 - 31-MAR-2014
Increased WeMo detection interval (will help WeMo port & IP address changes
Version #20140220 - 20-FEB-2014