IMPORTANT: THIS IS FOR SKY NEW ZEALAND NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SKY UK OR SKY GERMANY
Sky Network Television Limited (branded as SKY) is a New Zealand pay television satellite TV provider. It is also a wholesale channel provider to New Zealand cable television provider Vodafone. On 30 June 2018, Sky had 767,727 subscribers across satellite and OTT services, making it the largest pay television platform in New Zealand. Despite the similarity of name and services, such as Sky Go and My Sky+ shared with its British equivalent, Sky, there is no connection between the companies.
The Chowmain Sky New Zealand Channels driver is designed to replace the existing RF_SKY cloud driver to automatically get the latest channels from Sky including channel numbers, names, icons, currently playing information and more.
- Updates data every 10 minutes
- Channel Numbers
- Channel Names
- Channel Logos
- Currently playing data for each channel
- Synopsis, duration, ratings for each channel
- Selects the first unused sky box available in that particular room or if a sky box is in use in that room will send the channel to that box.
- Programatically select a channel for playback in a particular room.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Channel surfing is now easier than ever with Control4.
- Programatically select a channel. Tie the programming to a keypad on the wall, schedule or more.
What Sky driver will this work with?
This driver is designed as a replacement RF_SKY driver and will work with any New Zealand Sky driver with a RF_SKY binding. It is recommended that you obtain the latest Sky driver from AVA Pacific for control over the actual box.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver has been tested to work on the following navigators
- Onscreen Navigator
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20190325 - 25-MAR-2019
· Fixed issue effecting certain characters not escaping
Version #20190116 - 16-JAN-2019
· Updated to support new guide endpoint.
Version #20181122 - 22-NOV-2018
· Changed data GET commands to download in smaller chunks. Should improve CPU performance.
Version #20181115 - 15-NOV-2018
· Initial Version