Many existing homes had Niles ZR-6 whole house audio systems installed in them. This driver allows a dealer to integrate up to 18 zones of audio via 1 RS232 port on any Control4 system.
- 2 Way Volume Feedback (Note: Set volume is not allowed as Niles doesn't support it)
- 2 Way Mute and Power Feedback
- Polling of Active Zones so dealers can keep customer's existing Niles keypads for audio support
- Direct Tuner Control for Both AM and FM
- Niles ZR-6 (RS232)
- This driver will NOT WORK on the ZR-4630
Driver is provided by Cinegration LLC. All rights reserved.
No posts found
Note: THIS DRIVER DOES NOT CONTROL THE NILES ZR-4630. The ZR-4630 is an IR only system.
Note: There is a switch on the front of the Niles ZR6 to allow the front RS232 jack to be used for uploading a project. Make sure this connection is set to 'NORMAL'
Note: Control4 RS232 DB9-> 1/8" Mini cables need to have pins 2/3 reversed for proper RS232 setup.
Purpose of Driver:
Many existing homes had sound systems that have Niles ZR-6 equipment in them. This driver allows a dealer to integrate up to 18 zones of audio via 1 RS232 port on any control4 system.
ñ Niles ZR-6 Feature
◦ 2 Way Volume Feedback (note: set volume is not allowed as Niles doesn't support it)
◦ 2 Way Mute and Power Feedback
◦ Polling of Active Zones so dealers can keep customers existing niles keypads for audio support
◦ Direct Tuner Control for Both AM and FM
Dealers need to install the Niles ZR-6 first and verify functionality before implenenting this driver.
ñ Niles Setup
◦ Connect a DB-9 to 1/8” Stereo Plug from any Control4 RS232 port to the RS232 jack on the Niles piece.
◦ Record Zones and Sources on the equipment
ñ Control4 Setup
◦ Add Niles driver (under Receivers, Manufacture Niles) to the system and 'bind' the zones and sources to their corresponding equipment
◦ Under the properties menu, choose how many zones of audio the ZR-6 is using (this property determines which zones the Control4 will poll)
◦ Connect the serial port to the driver
ñ Once this is done the driver should be ready for deployment.
◦ You will know the driver is communicating with the ZR-6 when the Driver Information tab displays “Niles Communction Good” with a firmware of the unit
ñ Notes on the AM/FM Radio
◦ The tuner is a toggling input between AM and FM. Pressing AM or FM via a Control4 screen will toggle between inputs. You can also press the 'SELECT' button on a Control4 SR250 remote to do this also
◦ Direct Tuning support is available and is available via pressing number buttons on either a Control4 screen or a SR250
▪ If you are on AM you must enter a 4 digit number for the command to work (e.g. 0850 for 850AM)
▪ If you are on FM you only need to enter the numbers for the station (e.g. 973 for 97.3FM or 1067 for 106.7FM)
◦ This driver does support Station media via the Media Tab in Composer.
▪ To use this, click on the AM or FM cloud in Medai and press New
▪ Enter at least the name and the Station (station format will be as follows, XXXXAM for am and XXX.XFM for FM where X is a number)
▪ Click OK
ñ This driver does not control any iPod connected to the ZR-6 directly. It can however, choose that input and control volume etc...
ñ This driver contains code written by Cinegration. Any modification to this driver or any driver written by Cinegration without the express consent will void all warranties, constitute a ban on all drivers released by Cinegration and potentially legal action.
ñ This driver has been designed to work with Control4® 2.6.0 System
Cinegration strives to provide fully working drivers without defects. However, changes and bugs may be found. Because of this, any bug/maintenance update to this driver will be free of charge. However, due to the ever changing nature of computer and audio/video systems, if a new version of the Control4® software creates issues with this driver, or feature enhancements, an upgrade version will be provided for an additional expense or free as determined by Cinegration LLC.
Thank you for choosing a driver By: Cinegration LLC.
- migration to driverCentral
◦ Version 8.0.0
▪ Conversion to HouseLogix
◦ Version 8.0.1
- In-House Update
◦ Version 8.0.3
- Added support for Cinegration Showroom License