The Chowmain Google Android driver is designed to primarily control Google Android Set Top Boxes. This allows you to utilise the Control4 SR-260 remote to navigate the Android operating system and control applications as you would with a normal infra red remote control.
It also allows application launching via the Apps driver (which lists all installed apps), via mini drivers for individual apps (for the most popular applications), via coloured buttons and also programmatically.
You can also use the ability to mimic onscreen navigator functionality via the Control4 android application. Note that the Control4 navigator application was not designed to be used via navigational buttons and as such mouse cursor keys will need to be used.
Note that this driver requires a 3rd party application called LANmote Deluxe be installed and configured on a rooted android device.
- IP Based communications
- Transport Controls
- Playback Control
- Audio End-Point assignment for volume up/down/mute funcitonality
- Video End-Point assignment
- Launch applications from coloured buttons
- Launch applications from navigator
- Application Mini drivers can be connected for quick launching.
- SMS stype text entry via numberpad
- Mouse navigation emulation via number pad
|Page Up||Page Up on Selected Panel|
|Page Down||Page Down on Selected Panel|
|Volume Up||Volume Up (need to set to audio endpoint)|
|Volume Down||Volume Down (need to set to audio endpoint)|
|Mute||Mute Toggle (need to set to audio endpoint)|
|Skip Forward||Next Track|
|Skip Reverse||Previous Track|
|Scan Forward||Fast Forward|
|Star||Change to Keyboard Mode|
|Pound/Hash||Change to Mouse Mode|
Mouse Mode - Mouse Down, Mouse Up
Keyboard Mode - space or 0
Mouse Mode - Move cursor up-left
Keyboard Mode - . : / @ or 1
Mouse Mode - Move cursor up
Keyboard Mode - a,b,c or 2
Mouse Mode - Move cursor up-right
Keyboard Mode - d,e,f or 3
Mouse Mode - Move cursor left
Keyboard Mode - g,h,i or 4 (keyboard mode)
Mouse Mode - Click
Keyboard Mode - j,k,l or 5
Mouse Mode - Move cursor right
Keyboard Mode - m,h,o or 6
Mouse Mode - Move cursor down-left
Keyboard Mode - p,q,r,s or 7
Mouse Mode - Move cursor down
Keyboard Mode - t,u,v or 8
Mouse Mode - Move cursor down-right
Keyboard Mode - w,x,y,z or 9
Quick Start Guide
- Download the LANmote Deluxe Android application from Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.portable.LANmote.Deluxe)
- Install the application and follow the steps to set it up.
- Test the to see if controls are working using the built in HTML5 controls from any web browser.
- Once you have confirmed that it works install the driver and enter in the IP Address and Port Number
- Add and bind Android mini drivers if required.
- Click on the Connections tab and make the AV connections for the device and mini drivers
- If you want Control4 to use the Android Control4 application as an onscreen navigator make the connections to the room.
- Refresh Navigator
Why would i want to use an android set top box?
You can use cheap Android Set Top boxes as media players using apps like XBMC, Plex, Netflix.
What cool things can i do with this?
- Will list all of your apps under the Android Apps driver. Select your app for quick launch.
- Allows you to bind android mini drivers for quick launch under watch or listen.
- You can use this set top box as an onscreen navigator.
- You can also play games to an certain extent (though it is advised that you utilise a bluetooth controller or an air mouse for a better gaming experience).
- This driver will also work on a google android tablet. Great for launching intercom, control4, skype and other useful apps on the tablet based upon doorbell presses and other events at your home.
I purchased an older version of the driver (Pre 8.5). How do i upgrade?
Good news. Existing Android customers get a FREE upgrade. Just use the existing licence on the new driver. Note due to the major update/new features you will need to delete the older driver and add in this new driver.
How do i use it just for launching appliations on my tablet?
Simple. Just set up the driver but not connect any of the AV connections. All programming commands will still work.
Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?
This driver requires functionality only supported in OS 2.6 and above.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20161027 - 27-OCT-2016
Updated to support newer LANmote Deluxe updates
Version #20160926 - 26-SEP-2016
Added support for new Chowmain Android Mini drivers.
Added MSP to list and launch all apps installed on the android box.
Version #20150818 - 18-AUG-2015
Implemented Dealer Demo Licencing
Version #20150407 - 07-APR-2015
Resolved issue where logs on 2.6 systems would fill out controller storage causing system stability issues. This only effects systems where people have set the debug logs to 'print and log' or 'log' and have forgotten about it over longer periods of time.
Version #20141201- 01-DEC-2014